The best things in life are not always free
Contrary to the classic Ray Henderson song, one often finds that the best things in life seldom come free. While this may be the case when it comes to your dental care, to quote another famous song; “Don’t worry, be happy!” as there are numerous payment methods available here at GPS Dental, that may make dental financing easier for you and keep you smiling!
Dental Financing: Five great options!
At GPS Dental, we have five payment options to choose from. Each of which can be implemented at your discretion upon receiving your treatment, and of course may vary depending on what has been agreed upon.
- Dental Insurance: One of the smartest and perhaps most obvious ways to help pay for your dental care is through your dental insurance provider. Many dental insurance plans can provide excellent coverage depending on the treatment you receive. However, it’s important to realize that the purpose of dental insurance is to assist you in covering some of, but not all of your treatment. Additionally, certain types of dental treatments may not be covered by your insurance at all. Therefore it is very important to understand the full extent of your insurance coverage, or to be able to provide your insurance plan information when you visit us. By providing us with your insurance plan information, we will be able to make sure you receive the benefits your plan provides, and advise you on what treatments may or may not be covered.
- Cash: While paying out of pocket is not always the most inexpensive solution, sometimes cold hard cash or even a personal check may be the simplest and most straightforward approach when paying for your dental care. Sure it may not always be the most popular method; sometimes the least complicated things are better!
- Credit Card: Another straightforward but sometimes pricey dental financing option for your dental care, is to simply pay by credit card. For many patients, this has been the preferred method of dental financing due to its hassle free nature, and the wide variety of cards accepted. At GPS Dental, MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and Discover, are all accepted forms of payment.
- FSA: A Flexible Spending Account or FSA is a special account you put money into that you use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care costs. It is designed to assist you in paying for eligible medical, dental and vision care expenses that aren’t covered by your insurance plan using tax-free dollars. A FSA helps provide a certain amount of funding for out-of-pocket medical expenses such as prescription medication, co-payments, deductibles, or even medical devices. This of course, is a benefit that is offered by some employers and many of these programs have certain rules that you must follow regarding approved expenses. It’s a smart, simple way to save money while keeping you and your family healthy and protected.
- CareCredit: CareCredit is another great alternative to help pay for your dental care, as it allows patients to pay for their treatment in a slower, easier-to-manage payment plan as opposed to paying in a lump sum. A CareCredit medical dental card essentially acts as a type of installment plan that allows the patient to offset the balance due by making convenient monthly payments, rather than requiring full payment at once. A CareCredit payment plan can range from 3, 6 to 12 months, and requires no interest. Extended financing up to 48 months is available as well. This makes it one of the highest recommended options for our patients who want dental financing. Because of the overall efficiency of CareCredit in helping patients, the necessary means and assistance for starting the application process can be provided upon your next visit to our office. You can select Payment Options/Insurance under the patient center tab on our website. Click Here to apply for CareCredit as a GPS Dental patient.
Come see us!
While we hope that you will find the information provided here useful, we understand that not all dental financing situations are the same. Sometimes a more personal approach is needed. Therefore we are more than happy to meet with you personally so that we may assess your dental financing questions or concerns, and assist you in deciding which payment method is right for you. Remember, here at GPS Dental we want to help you receive the best care possible, and be able to pay for it in such a way that is painless and easy to manage. While the best things in life may not exactly come free, with the right plan in place they certainly come a whole lot easier!
Dr. Gary P. Skrobanek and his experienced, friendly team at GPS Dental offer affordable family dentistry and gentle dental care in the San Antonio, TX area. Our office is conveniently located and offers early morning appointment times Monday through Friday to meet your needs. At GPS Dental, we provide most dental services, from family and general dentistry to dental implants, sleep apnea, TMJ / TMD Treatment, cosmetic dentistry and much more. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Call us at (210) 633-3477 to make an appointment.