Do You have a Smile Goal?
Sometimes, personal goals give us a unique opportunity to increase our health and confidence. That’s why so many people are interested in cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers … to help them smile confidently by rejuvenating their smile, their self-esteem, and their oral health.
A smile is much more than just straight, white teeth. When you feel confident in your smile, you feel confident in yourself and are prone to show off your smile frequently. The benefits of smiling and laughing are numerous. That’s why our cosmetic dentist San Antonio offers multiple cosmetic and restorative solutions that may be matched to your personal smile goals. Let’s talk about creating a smile that makes you feel good and you’re proud to show off as you smile confidently each day!
As you can see, your smile is such a big part of you, and effects your confidence daily. Before you schedule your smile consultation with your cosmetic dentist San Antonio experts, think about what you’d like to fix about your smile, such as:
- Missing tooth or teeth
- Teeth stains
- Chips or cracks
- Broken teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Dental decay
- Recessed gums
- Low gum line
- Gapped teeth
- Worn edges
- Gum disease
- Small teeth
Cosmetic Dentistry Options can help you achieve your smile goals!
Dr. Gary Skrobanek, your Cosmetic Dentist San Antonio, and his expert team offer cosmetic and restorative dentistry options that can help you smile confidently by enhancing your smile in a way that is naturally beautiful. Some of the cosmetic treatments they offer can:
- Restore your smile with dental implant: Dental implants are permanently anchored into the gum to replace a missing tooth or several missing teeth. Gone are the days of dentures being the only option to fill the gap in your smile.
- Enhance your smile with porcelain veneers: Veneers can conceal a wide variety of issues – from cracked teeth, gaps, crooked teeth, discolored teeth, and short or misshapen teeth. Veneers are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are custom-crafted to improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Fix chipped teeth: If you’re worried about your chipped teeth, dental bonding may be a great option to improve your smile. We use versatile and resilient tooth-colored composite materials that create a strong structure to feel like your original tooth.
- Reshape your smile: Tooth recontouring or reshaping provides instant results for cracked, chipped, or sometimes crooked teeth. We can slightly alter the shape, length, or position of the teeth.
- Whiten your smile with professional teeth whitening: One of the best and easiest things you can do for your smile is to reverse the signs of age, smoking, and even medications by brightening your smile with a professional teeth whitening procedure.
Our Cosmetic Dentist San Antonio Team Loves to see You Smile
Looking your best and feeling confident is something that everyone can dream about. However, with advancements in cosmetic dentistry, you can achieve your smile goals turning them from a dream to a reality at Dr. Skrobanek’s Cosmetic Dentist San Antonio office. After all, your smile is often the first thing someone will notice about you. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 99.7% of surveyed adults said that a healthy smile is socially important to them.
As your cosmetic dentist San Antonio experts, we want to take the opportunity to share the cosmetic dentistry treatments that may be involved in a smile makeover. Each patient is different and there is no cookie-cutter fix when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. There are various treatments that can be involved in a patient’s treatment plan that can include porcelain veneers, Invisalign invisible braces, dental implants, dental bonding, and professional teeth whitening; whatever enhancement your smile may need, we’re here to discuss your smile goals and help you smile with confidence!
Related: Smile Confidently with the Help of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Cosmetic Dentistry Options:
If you’re missing a tooth, a dental implant may be the best way to restore the look and function of your smile. Dental implants act like artificial roots that can be permanently placed in the patient’s jaw bone. As the gum tissue and bone grow around the dental implant, they become a permanent anchor. A natural-looking porcelain crown will be made giving our patients a beautifully-finished result that is attractive, yet helps to improve chewing, maintain bone and prevent teeth from changing positions. Dental implants can even prevent future problems with a patient’s bite, as they offer a permanent replacement for missing teeth and an effective solution that will look and feel as natural as your original teeth.
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
It can be easy to get used to missing teeth over time, but the reasons to replace them are many:
- Gaps in-between teeth are harmful for surrounding teeth
- A full smile gives you great confidence
- If you don’t fill gaps, tooth decay and plaque are more likely to develop
- Bone loss occurs
- Aesthetic issues such as a sunken and aged appearance
- Lose full function of the mouth
More from the exerts about dental implant tooth replacement:
- What does WebMD have to say about the Advantages of Dental Implants? Learn more HERE.
- Learn more about dental implants from The American Dental Association HERE.
Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry options available for smile enhancement; often the ideal solution for concealing a wide variety of cosmetic imperfections. Wafer-thin porcelain shells are secured to the front of teeth, which changes tooth appearance regarding shape, color, length, and size. This method has proven to be very beneficial for people dealing with chipped, cracked, crooked, stained, discolored, or short teeth. Whether you are seeking to correct the look of one tooth, a series of teeth, or achieve a full smile makeover.
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells crafted of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front side of teeth. They are an option for correcting stained, chipped, decayed or crooked teeth. A small amount of your existing tooth structure is removed to accommodate for the very thin, yet strong porcelain veneer.
Read more about Choosing Porcelain Veneers for a Naturally Beautiful Smile
Customized Results with Porcelain Veneers
Giving your smile an improved appearance with porcelain veneers is often a relatively simple and effective process that produces impressive results. The shape, size, color, fit, and thickness of each veneer is precisely matched to the specifications of your tooth, providing for highly customized results that can look and feel incredibly natural. In addition, preparation for the ultra-thin veneers typically preserves much of the tooth body, which helps maintain dental strength and health.
Dr. Anderson and his expert team are highly experienced in the planning, design, preparation, and placement of porcelain veneers to create smile improvements that range from subtle to transformative.
Porcelain veneers enhance your smile and can be used to correct several common cosmetic concerns, including:
- Chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Short teeth
Porcelain veneers last much longer than composite veneers, are more stain resistant, highly durable, and more natural looking – making them a highly popular option for veneers. Whether you are seeking to correct the look of one tooth, a series of teeth, or achieve a full smile makeover, porcelain veneers may be the ideal treatment to deliver the beautiful, natural-looking smile you desire.
Related Article: Dental Veneers: Uses, Procedures, and More from WebMD
SureSmile Clear Aligners
If you’ve decided it’s time to straighten your smile, come talk with us about SureSmile Clear Aligners. SureSmile is an orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear aligners (custom made to fit your teeth) that cover your teeth and gently move them into the correct position over time. They’re almost invisible and can be taken on and off throughout the day, meaning your eating habits don’t have to change. This is an excellent option for closing gaps, or spaces between teeth, as well as straightening crowded teeth. As far as orthodontic treatments go, if you choose Invisalign aligners, they have minimal impact on your daily life.
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll meet with your dentist and he will take a 3D scan of your teeth. This will give your dentist a precise scan of your teeth so your treatment plan can be mapped out and customized just for you.
- Your dentist will make sure your aligners fit and keep track of your progress. You’ll have regular dental check-ins.
- Your treatment could be as little as 6 months, but it will depend on your personal smile goals and treatment plan. Once you’re done wearing your aligners, you will receive your retainer to keep your smile perfectly aligned.
The Details … SureSmile Clear Aligners
- SureSmile comes in the form of thin, removable, transparent aligners that are customized to fit over your teeth.
- These soft but resilient aligners are designed to be worn daily, and only to be removed when eating or brushing your teeth.
- Each aligner is to be worn approximately one to two weeks, afterwards they can be discarded and replaced with a new one; this consistently adjusts and realigns the patient’s teeth.
- The realignment process in its entirety can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months depending on each individual case and requires the user to make relatively few changes to their daily habits.
- If you like playing contact sports or are often involved in physical activity, you can still wear them.
Due to their transparency, minimally invasive nature, and of course overall effectiveness, SureSmile is an ideal solution for those who are eager to straighten their teeth, but self-conscious about doing so. SureSmile Clear Aligners can effectively improve your smile for adults and teens while remaining virtually unnoticeable. We can help you restore your confidence with Invisalign invisible braces.
Professional Teeth Whitening | Bleaching
One of the best and easiest things you can do for your smile is to reverse the signs of age, smoking and even medications by brightening your smile with a professional tooth whitening procedure. We believe that dentist-supervised, professional teeth whitening is the most effective cosmetic dentistry procedure for safely brightening your smile.
Brushing and flossing are everyday ways to keep your teeth bright, white and healthy. If you still feel like your smile is lacking some sparkle or is more yellow than it used to be, you’re not alone. We offer several in-office teeth whitening options, just ask our dental team which option is best for you.
Here are a few culprits that can leave stains on your teeth:
- Food and beverages: As we mentioned above, our normal eating and drinking routine can dull our teeth and leave behind stains. Certain foods are high in pigmentation or acid and leave behind stubborn stains – like coffee, red wine and blueberries.
- Poor oral hygiene: If you’re not on top of your oral hygiene routine, then plaque build-up can leave stains.
- Aging: When we age, the enamel (outer layer) of our teeth becomes thinner and doesn’t protect us from stains as well.
- Medications: Certain medications can be harsh on your teeth and leave behind yellowing and stains.
Dental bonding is an effective method for repairing chipped teeth. Using versatile and resilient tooth-colored composite materials we create a strong structure that still feels like your original tooth. We can match the color of your tooth and restore its former shape with natural-looking results.
Cosmetic Bonding is a process where your dentist attaches or “bonds” materials directly to your tooth in order to change the color and shape and used most often to repair chipped teeth. The natural tooth enamel is then fused together with bonding materials such as porcelain and resins to create a strong structure that still feels like your original tooth.
Enamel Shaping or Recontouring
One of the few instant cosmetic dentistry treatments is tooth reshaping or recontouring. A procedure to correct cracked or chipped teeth, crooked teeth, even overlapping teeth by re-shaping them to improve the shape, size, or length. It can also help with chipped and crooked teeth. Due to its instant results, recontouring can occasionally limit the need for additional orthodontic treatments such as braces, during one convenient appointment.
Related Article: Make the Smile Of Your Dreams a Reality with Cosmetic Dentistry
What is a Smile Makeover or Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Using a combination of restorative and cosmetic dentistry treatment options, the experts at GPS Dental, the office of Gary Skrobanek, DDS, can combine multiple services to help you achieve your smile goals by restoring the functionality, health, and look of your smile with a smile makeover! If you’ve suffered from tooth damage, decay, or loss, full mouth reconstruction may be a wonderful option for you to smile with confidence again, and often includes a combination of:
- Dental Implants
- Porcelain Veneers
- Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Professional Teeth Whitening
We Can Help You Achieve Your Smile Goals
Whether you’re looking to enhance, straighten or whiten your pearly whites, Dr. Skrobanek and his expert team of smile professionals at GPS Dental can help you smile with confidence and achieve your smile goals. Schedule your smile consultation at our office in the Brooks City Base area of San Antonio and let’s discuss your smile goals. What do YOU want? How would YOU like to see your smile? We will customize a treatment plan and make this the year you remember with a SMILE!
Schedule Your Smile Consultation Today
Our goal is to help you smile confidently every day! Our cosmetic dentistry treatments can create a full smile makeover! If you’re concerned about discolored, missing, chipped, misaligned, or cracked teeth, come talk to us to see what your best solution is for a healthy, beautiful smile. We can treat anything from disease to replacing missing teeth and create a new smile you can be proud of.
If you have been dreaming of the perfect smile, reach out to our team of cosmetic dentist San Antonio professionals to discuss how cosmetic dentistry options could be the solution for you. Whatever your smile goals are, we can help you meet them at GPS Dental. Please call to schedule your Smile Consultation at 210-633-3477.
Dr. Gary P. Skrobanek’s experienced and friendly team at GPS Dental offers affordable dental care for all ages in San Antonio, TX area. Our Brooks City Base dentist office is conveniently located and offers early morning appointment times Monday through Friday to meet your needs. At GPS Dental, we promote dental health awareness to our patients and provide most dental services, from family and general dentistry to dental implants, sleep apnea, TMJ / TMD Treatment, cosmetic dentistry and much more. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Call us at 210-633-3477 to make an appointment.