Porcelain Veneers are an option to create a natural-looking smile … not a big, un-natural, toothy grin!
Porcelain Veneer are one procedure that Dr. Skrobanek, your porcelain veneers expert in San Antonio, can use to help transform your smile and achieve the look & function you want from your smile. If you have been dreaming of the perfect smile, reach out to our team of professionals to discuss how veneers could be the solution for you.
Veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are placed in front of each individual tooth. If you’ve dealt with gaps, stains, or chips, and have good oral health, you’re a great candidate for porcelain veneers. Veneers can recreate the look and feel of a natural tooth, all while improving the strength, resilience, and appearance at the same time.
Placing porcelain veneers takes practiced, technical skill and major attention to detail. At GPS Dental, the office of Gary Skrobanek, DDS and his team of experts in cosmetic dentistry procedures – creating beautiful, long-lasting smiles that look natural is one of their favorite things! If you’ve ever looked at someone’s smile and thought “I bet those are veneers,” you certainly were not looking at one of our patients! Our practiced knowledge allows us to create enhanced, beautiful smiles – not big, unnatural toothy grins.
How Do Dental Veneers Create Natural Smiles?
Your teeth will be prepared for veneers first. Porcelain veneers create natural smiles because most times they take two visits for preparation and application. Dr. Skrobanek, your porcelain veneers expert, will make sure that the veneer is the perfect color for your smile and an impression will be taken of your teeth so your veneers can be created to fit perfectly in your mouth in your first visit. Usually, a bit of outer enamel is removed to allow for proper bonding between tooth and veneer. During your second visit to our office your veneers will be placed and light cured to ensure proper bonding and attachment to your natural teeth.
Related Article from HealthLine: What to Know Before Getting Veneers
Caring for your veneers is just like caring for your natural teeth. Brushing & flossing daily and visiting your dentist for your exam & cleaning are essential to keeping your veneers healthy and having them last for many years to come.
Veneers Create Natural Smiles because they can:
- Restore cracked teeth
- Straighten teeth
- Make teeth a bright, white color
- Cover stains
- Replace missing teeth
- Make teeth uniform in size and shape
- Close gaps between teeth
It’s a wonderful way to enhance the look of your smile – giving you a Hollywood smile and also improving the health of your smile. It’s also important to keep in mind that veneers are permanent and long-lasting, so make sure and speak with Dr. Skrobanek about all your options when considering veneers.
Learn more from WebMD about Dental Veneers.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Here is the simple answer: Porcelain Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are permanently attached to the front of your natural teeth by your porcelain veneers expert to transform your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers create a strong, beautiful, smooth ceramic surface that transforms the outer layer of the tooth and can transform your smile.
- Veneers can actually strengthen the tooth if it is fractured, chipped, or heavily worn down from grinding.
- Veneers can dramatically change the look of your teeth when it comes to shape, texture, and color.
- Porcelain Veneers can have life-changing results for people who are dissatisfied or self-conscious about their smile.
Customized Results with Porcelain Veneers
Your smile is a very personal thing. So whether you want porcelain veneers applied to just one tooth or multiple teeth, we can help you achieve the smile you want. They can be customized to help them look natural in the context of your surrounding natural teeth. There’s a big difference in getting a couple of veneers vs. a smile makeover of 10 to 20 veneers. For patients who are completing a smile makeover with veneers, we like to take into account the entire smile, including the whole face, for the best aesthetic result. This gives the smile a symmetrical, natural look that’s personalized for that specific patient and can transform your smile.
Related Article: Cosmetic Dentist San Antonio: Achieve Your Smile Goal
There’s a Difference: Porcelain vs. Composite Veneers
When it comes to types of veneers, most cosmetic dentists recommend porcelain veneers over those made of a composite material. Composite veneers are prone to discoloration and are far less durable than their porcelain counterparts, typically lasting between 5–7 years, compared to 10–30 years.
The Pros and Cons of Porcelain Veneers
- Traditional porcelain veneers are considered permanent, lasting up to several decades.
- They can make your teeth look close to perfect, correcting minor gaps and alignment issues far faster than braces or clear aligners, like Invisalign. In fact, they’re sometimes dubbed “instant orthodontics.”
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant (unlike composite veneers).
- Their translucent quality makes them look very similar to natural teeth.
- They’re highly customizable, with an array of shades to choose from.
- You can get veneers for as few or as many teeth as you need to create a brighter smile, matching the veneers to the color of your natural teeth.
- They can help downplay a gummy smile by making your tooth size more proportionate to the amount of gum you flash when you smile.
- In most cases, some of your natural tooth enamel has to be filed down to make room for the veneer, which makes the process irreversible. It can also increase tooth sensitivity, if these preparations are done too close to a nerve.
- They can end up looking a little too perfect. Your dentist may even suggest adding some slight imperfections, to mimic natural teeth.
- Dental veneers can hide a lot, but they can’t completely erase a major underlying issue.
- Pressure from grinding can chip or crack the porcelain layers. If you grind your teeth at night, you’ll need to invest in a mouthguard.
- If veneers crack or chip, they can’t just be repaired — they’ll need to be fully replaced, at an additional cost.
- Veneers cost a few thousand dollars more than you’d pay for a combination of Invisalign and teeth whitening; however, they create a much more dramatic result.
Keep in mind that once your teeth are prepped for veneers, they will always need to be covered with a porcelain restoration. Meaning that once you get veneers, you will always have veneers. So, it’s really important to find a cosmetic dentist you are comfortable with, as this is a commitment and you want to be happy with your results.
Schedule Your Smile Consultation Today
Show off your smile with porcelain veneers or we can combine our cosmetic dentistry services to create a full smile makeover! If you’re concerned about discolored, missing, chipped, misaligned, or cracked teeth, come talk to us to see what your best solution is for a natural-looking, healthy, beautiful smile. We can treat anything from disease to replacing missing teeth and create a new smile you can be proud of.
Porcelain veneers create natural smiles and are one such procedure that we have used to help our patients achieve the look and function they want. If you have been dreaming of the perfect smile, reach out to your porcelain veneers expert, Dr. Skrobanek and his team of professionals in San Antonio to discuss how veneers could be the solution for you. Whatever your smile goals are, we can help you meet them at GPS Dental. Please call to schedule your Smile Consultation at 210-633-3477
Dr. Gary P. Skrobanek’s experienced and friendly team at GPS Dental offers affordable dental care for all ages in San Antonio, TX area. Our Brooks City Base dentist office is conveniently located and offers early morning appointment times Monday through Friday to meet your needs. At GPS Dental, we promote dental health awareness to our patients and provide most dental services, from family and general dentistry to dental implants, sleep apnea, TMJ / TMD Treatment, cosmetic dentistry and much more. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Call us at 210-633-3477 to make an appointment..